1. First, preheat oven to 375º and spray a baking sheet with
nonstick cooking spray.
2. Next, prepare the flax egg by stirring 1 tbsp. ground flax with 3 tbsp.
3. Chop jalapeno, bell pepper, scallions and onion then add to a large
4. Add all other ingredients into the bowl, including flax egg, and stir
well until burger base is formed.
5. Use hands to form patties with the black bean base, about 6-8 large
patties and place on baking sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, flip, and cook for another 20 minutes, until
outside of burgers are crispy and golden.
Toast hamburger buns slightly then top with vegan chipotle aioli, smashed
avocado, red onion, shredded romaine.
No comments yet.
Hi, I’m kate! I’m a self-proclaimed kale-noissor, plant based recipe developer, yogi, and lover of all things related to holistic health and wellness.
What does it mean to “kale it”???
It means you are nourishing your body with real food, feeling balanced, and thriving. I believe in the power of self care/self love and have found that balance can be achieved both on the yoga mat and in the kitchen.